Re: [Phys-l] Cosmic background radiation

On Nov 5, 2006, at 10:54 PM, Aker, Leanna wrote:
We are getting ready to discuss the Big Bang Theory and I was wondering if someone could explain to me just how the cosmic background radiation is supporting evidence?

Hi Leanna -- The following site gives a nice overview:

<http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_uni/uni_101bbtest3.html>

The cloud analogy for "the surface of last scattering" is nice, although you want to be careful -- with the real observation, we are also looking backwards through time.

---
Michael Porter
Colonel By Secondary School
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada