Re: [Phys-l] data analysis (was independent variables)

| On 10/31/2006 02:32 PM, David Strasburger-fac wrote:
|
| > (1) Is there still an important role for log-log paper, or
| logarithmic
| > graphs?
|
| Yes. Absolutely. All day, every day.

There were two questions; I'm guessing that John D. was responding to
the need for logarithmic graphs.

I'm not sure there is much need for actual log-log paper itself anymore,
since spread sheets (calculators) etc, can spit out the logarithm of
your x or y data values rather easily these days. But I'd listen to an
opposing view point.

They're fun to look at and show students how you did log-log plots
before calculators . . .