Re: [Phys-l] Baseball

Just remember that these 'goofy' looking players make more money in one year than any of us will make in a lifetime of work. So who really is 'goofy' here! ;-)

Rick (having grown up in St. Louis, mildly interested in the Series outcome--though I haven't watched a game in years. Also just learned that my boyhood 'hero'--Stan Musial--is still alive and kicking, and occasionally shows up at J.Buck's restaurant.)

----- Original Message ----- From: "JMGreen" <jmgreen@sisna.com>

This looks correct to me. During commercial breaks I switched over
to the game last night. The Cardinals pitcher bent over and looked
goofy -- The Dodgers pitcher stood erect in a gentlemanly fashion -- and they won (as they should -- they have a blue trim on their uniforms)

The most notable similarity among the various pitchers was that they
all continuously held their mouths open as if they had a hard time
figuring out what was going on.

So much for the physics of baseball.