[Phys-l] Baseball

There is something I don't understand re baseball pitchers:

Some pitchers -- but not all -- lean over and squint at the catcher when taking a signal -- Why do they do this?

Are they trying to get a bit lower or a bit closer to the catcher -- perhaps to improve vision in some way?

Is there some principle of optics that I don't understand?

Or is the pitcher just trying to look silly?

Jim

J M Green
Email: MailTo:JMGreen@sisna.com
WWW: HTTP://users.sisna.com/JMGreen