Re: [Phys-l] friction

This is such a complicated situation given variations in temperature, pressure on the ice, and the water at the interface, I don't think you will find a value that is much good for anything. Most coefficients are for dry surfaces just because the liquid interface, ie lubrication complicates matters enormously.

joe

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College