[Phys-l] Good Questions

John Denker wrote:
I like this one because there is more than one "right answer".

I believe there are three kinds of Good Questions:
1. Good Questions which have only one correct answer. Well-defined questions which we used for examination, and hopefully no dispute on the correct answer.
2. Good Questions which have many possible answers. These questions triggers the students to think widely, such as barometer experiment.
3. Good Questions which are controversial in nature. It generates interesting debates, and it can be cross-disciplinary in nature too. One of my favourites is the debate on *invariant mass versus relativistic mass*.

Supporters of Relativistic Mass should be glad to know that George Smoot, the latest Nobel Laureate, also teaches Relativistic Mass. Check this website:
http://aether.lbl.gov/www/classes/p139/welcome.html

Alphonsus