Re: [Phys-l] man successfully hangs from high voltage line

At 20:26 -0700 8/25/06, Shapiro, Mark wrote:

Ummm. If the line snaps he is in deep doodoo....

I'll give you that, unless he lets go of the line before he hits the ground. But if those lines can hold a repairman in a gondola hanging from the line, I would say that the odds it will break under his weight alone are low.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams