[Phys-l] Save Science, Union of Concerned Scientists. (advert for donations AND info.)

Physics next?

bc

The results of our new survey of FDA scientists <http://ucsaction.org/ct/O1LSVmM1-mIy/> paints a picture of a troubled agency. Hundreds of scientists reported significant interference with the FDA’s work. For example:

* Almost one in five scientists surveyed responded, “I have been
asked, for non-scientific reasons, to inappropriately exclude or
alter technical information or my conclusions in an FDA scientific
document.”
* Less than half think that the “FDA routinely provides complete and
accurate information to the public.”
* 40 percent said they could not publicly express “concerns about
public health without fear of retaliation.”

Unfortunately, the FDA is not the only government agency suffering from political interference in science. That’s why UCS is taking a leadership role to expose and challenge political meddling in government science and to push federal agencies and Congress to implement needed reforms that will protect scientific integrity. Please help protect our health, national security, and our environment by supporting our “Save the Science” campaign <http://ucsaction.org/ct/OdLSVmM1-mIh/>.