Re: [Phys-l] Global Warming

[Original Message]
From: Bernard Cleyet <bernardcleyet@redshift.com>

"In the end, what do we really lose by taking reasonable steps to reduce
'greenhouse' emissions even if such have a very minor climatic effect
versus what we lose if we do nothing and such emissions end up having a
very major effect?"

We would also lose the opportunity to become independent, early instead
of late, of a non renewable resource(s), especially as oil, w/ some H in
it, runs out and we must switch to coal, ~ pure C.

Maybe I'm being dense here, but isn't this backwards? It would be doing
nothing to reduce fossil fuel use that would keep us dependent on oil and
then using that resource up quickly have us turning to coal. ;-(

Rick