Re: [Phys-l] Global Warming

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, John Clement wrote:

Unfortunately, authority may be the only thing we have with respect to
global warming. I doubt that there are any on this list who have actually
done the level of research necessary to begin to have a research based
opinion on the subject. It is sufficiently complicated that just reading a
few articles only touches the surface.

A subscription to Science Magazine, or, better yet, Nature, will let you review the evidence and reports of calculations, as they are done.
The recent Greenland ice core gives one of the persuasive contributions to the accumulated evidence. I've not seen anyone even bother with the precessional argument except J. M. Green, who seems to have avoided any contamination from recent investigations. Argument by authority is not needed, and I see no reason to respect such argument.
Regards,
Jack