[Phys-l] Decays

Hi all-
Not to disparage the ongoing sociology discussion, but I am currently bemused by the following bit of physics.
Consider a decay process: A->b+b, where A is much more massive than b. The decay amplitude is equal to some coupling constant
times the overlap between the A-state and the b-continuum., The overlap is proportional to the density of continuum states at energy equal to the mass of the B. I can take the view that the decay is a transition from a low-entropy configuration (1 available state) to a higher entropy configuration (high density of states). My questions: (1) Has anyone ever seen decay processes described in such language? and/or (2)Have I hypmotized myselve into something foolish?
Regards,
Jack