Re: [Phys-l] Smart Students

Reminds me of our guru: Prof. Feynman discussed this in "Tips on Physics", Caltech from the bottom pp. 16 ff.

It's the reverse at Caltech. All the students are the upper first or second of their HS class, and now half of them are below average!

bc, the top science/maths student in two high schools and a mediocre grad. student.