Re: [Phys-l] Unit Conversions (was Mass and Energy)

Forum for Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu> on Sunday,
May 28, 2006 at 11:24 PM -0500 wrote:
Hi all-

On Sun, 28 May 2006, John Clement wrote (in part):

_____________________________snip________________________________________

Sometimes when you have discomfort with an idea it is because the
concept
does not agree with your existing conceptions. This happens when
students
confront NTN3. The are uncomfortable with it and find it confusing
despite
the fact that it is actually quite simple and straightforward. It could
also be that the concept is wrong, so your discomfort comes from being
required to learn something that is not correct.

_________________________snip____________________________________________

My goodness, John, have you no curiosity about what my discomfort
is, and what background I might have in understanding Piaget's ideas?

Regards,
Jack

I'm mostly curious about what 'NTN3' means....
jg

Josh Gates
Noble and Greenough
Dedham MA