[Phys-l] Physics of Sports, Physics of Music and Light

Dear List:

Our high school is starting two new, one semester each, conceptual physics courses next school year:
physics of sports
physics of music and light

The courses are designed to be for students that would not traditionally take a physics class in high school.
Conceptual.
Project-oriented.

Please send me (on or off list) you suggestions for labs, projects and/or teaching strategies for these courses.
I am compiling a list of equipment and materials and would like to add anything you may suggest.

Thanks.

Jason Just
Science Teacher, Lakeville South High School
21135 Jacquard Avenue, Lakeville MN 55044
jljust@isd194.k12.mn.us
http://staff.isd194.k12.mn.us/~jljust

The mission of Lakeville South is to foster well-rounded, lifelong learners who will contribute meaningfully to a diverse global society.

The vision of Lakeville South is...
• To assure successful educational experiences for all students.
• To strive for a caring partnership of students, parents, staff, and community.
• To act with integrity in all that we do.