[Phys-l] Warranty extensions

Hi All:

I just got funded to purchase all new oscilloscopes for my advanced
labs. I've selected Agilent (used to be Hewlett-Packard) scopes for
various reasons. In particular I'm thinking of getting the DSO3152A 150
MHz scope.

My question is should I buy the 1 year to 3 year warranty extension. In
general I figure that these are a waste of money and never get them. I
have not bought a scope in about 12 years, I assume that they are
generally still robust which is *part* of the reason that I'm going with
H-P = Agilent.

Have any of you bought a bunch of (good quality) scopes recently and
had problems in the first few years????

The cost is $56 per scope which is enough to get an additional DMM for
that lab station.

Thanks,
John

P.S. bc - I've been swamped for the last 3 months. I'll get your 6V
lamps tested in the next couple of weeks now that the semester is almost
over.

John E. Sohl, Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Weber State University
2508 University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-2508

voice: (801) 626-7907, fax: (801) 626-7445
e-mail: jsohl@weber.edu
web: http://physics.weber.edu/sohl/