Re: [Phys-l] Magnetic force and work

Since people seem to be interested in this, I cobbled up a diagram
showing what happens to charged particles in a wire in a magnetic
field, along with a couple hundred words of explanation.
http://www.av8n.com/physics/current-wire-field.htm

At one point it says:

It is a fool’s errand to argue about whether the force on the wire is “because” of the magnetic force on the particles, or “because” of the force of constraint. You need both the magnetic force
and the force of constraint to explain the observed phenomena.

Also, I expanded, illustrated, and cleaned up the discussion of the
Lorentz force law here:
http://www.av8n.com/physics/maxwell-ga.htm#sec-lorentz

At one point it says:

A field bivector in the plane of the paper
leads to a cyclotron orbit in the plane of the paper.