Re: [Phys-l] Glencoe physics: music

--- John Denker wrote:

Quoting from _Glencoe Physics, Principles and
Problems_

For irony value, the College Board has just endorsed
this book* for use a pre-AP class.

From AP Central at the College Board
<http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/members/article/1,3046,151-165-0-49415,00.html>
You have to be registered as an AP teacher to access,
so I have excerpted below.

--start--

Strengths: This is a very thorough algebra-based
physics textbook. It does a formidable job in
preparing the students in both conceptual
understanding and problem solving while allowing the
teacher the ability to customize the course to various
ability levels.

Weaknesses: The book has a few weaknesses. For
example, it contains a very superficial discussion of
simple harmonic motion and fluid dynamics. Also, I
would rather have my students know the answers to the
end-of-the-chapter problems.

Overall Recommendation: I strongly recommend this
textbook for either a college-preparatory-level or an
honors-level course.

--end--

It's good to know that the College Board will be
vetting all textbooks for the AP classes starting next
year. :)

* There are a great many additions to the this book,
are you talking about the one by Zitzewitz, Elliott,
Haase, Harper, Herzog, Nelson, Nelson, Schuler, and
Zorn?

Marc "Zeke" Kossover
The Jewish Community High School of the Bay