Re: [Phys-l] iPod music compression

At 05:34 PM 2/26/2006, Anthony Lapinski, you wrote:
I have 3000+ CD's, and am thinking of buying an iPod. Does anyone know how
the iPod compresses songs? Specifically, what frequencies get chopped off?
And can a music enthusiast like myself really hear a difference between
the compressed music file and the original song on CD?

A pleasant looking blonde woman wrote an explanation of iPod
file formats for CNN. I found it helpful. Perhaps you will too?
<http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/16/technology/komando/ipod_formats/index.htm>

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!

That woman is Kim Komando. She is very well known for her nationally syndicated radio program on
all things computer related. She also writes for numerous outlets and has a popular website.