Re: [Phys-l] iPod music compression

At 05:34 PM 2/26/2006, Anthony Lapinski, you wrote:
I have 3000+ CD's, and am thinking of buying an iPod. Does anyone know how
the iPod compresses songs? Specifically, what frequencies get chopped off?
And can a music enthusiast like myself really hear a difference between
the compressed music file and the original song on CD?

A pleasant looking blonde woman wrote an explanation of iPod
file formats for CNN. I found it helpful. Perhaps you will too?
<http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/16/technology/komando/ipod_formats/index.htm>

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!