[Phys-l] Archive threads

It appears there has been a change in the way threads are archived. It used to be that you could hit "reply" to any Phys-L message your received, change the subject line, post it, and this would change the thread.

Now, the thread history is not being determined solely by the subject line.

I noticed this because I created a thread about RC Discharge by hitting "reply" to a message about "temperature in space" and changing the subject line. That used to be my minimal-keystroke method to post a new thread to the list. My "new thread" appears in the archives as an offshoot of the temperature thread.

I guess I'll have to change my posting method. Maybe some of you have been doing the same as I, and will also have to change your thread-creation method.

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.
Professor of Physics and Chemistry
Bluffton University
Bluffton, OH 45817