[Phys-l] Relativisitic mass vs Invariant mass

Joel wrote:

Mostly I was referring to the entire article as a recent effort in the debate. I suppose that since I am on the same side as the author I had some affinity for the argument and am guilty of a bit of proselytizing.

I would not take side on Relativistic mass or Invariant mass. Mass would change because of Stefan's Law, "All bodies lose and gain thermal energy by means of electromagnetic radiation." Even mass of proton or neutron may vary depend on the nucleus that they are in. According to Frank Wilczek, mass of proton or neutron may vary by parts per billion.

According to Gerard't Hooft, "Mass* and energy in this theory also depend on velocity."
"*Modern physics teachers prefer to redefine mass such that it is velocity independent." Gerard't Hooft. In search of the ultimate building blocks, (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1997)

Gerard't Hooft seem to imply that the problems lie with modern physics teacher?

Alphonsus