[Phys-l] Relativisitic mass vs Invariant mass

John wrote,

The Oas article mentions Einstein's mature view on page 1.
=================
As I have mentioned many times before, history is usually not a good guide to pedagogy.
a) Just because Einstein did it the hard way in 1905 doesn't mean we have to make our students do it the hard way now.
b) It is common to find teachers who so firmly believe in following the historical approach that they just make up
a false history and follow that! IMHO there is no excuse
for this. Two wrongs don't make a right; in this case (b)we have a wrong pedagogical theory coupled with false historical "facts".

You may also include Einstein's 1949 "Autobiographical notes",

From general considerations of special relativity theory it was clear that the inert mass of a physical system increases with the total energy (therefore, e.g., with the kinetic energy). From the very accurate experiments… it was empirically known with very high accuracy that the gravitational mass of a body is exactly equal to its inert mass.”

A. Einstein, Autobiographical notes, (Open Court, Illinois, 1979), p.61.

Best regards,
Alphonsus