Re: [Phys-l] Temperature in Space

Interesting comparison. Wasn't it a well known physics top predator
of the 19th siecle who got the age of the Earth wrong, by considering
only its cooling rate, because he excluded radioactively mediated internal
heating from his estimate?

Hence, if the mean temperature of the Earth's surface were indeed
15 degC, then an object in near Earth space ought to be
cooler, for equal albedos etc....

Brian Whatcott