Re: [Phys-l] gas laws

Rauber, Joel wrote:

I have a small quibble near the end in Sect. 4-2

.... if it is modeled by a non-rigid
rotor (spring connecting the two "atoms") then even in the ideal gas
model there are potential energy degrees of freedom.

Point taken. I just now revised the text to avoid this problem,
in that section as well as an earlier section.

I also incorporated a number of excellent suggestions
received off-list.

(You may need to hit "reload" on your browser to see
the latest version.)