Re: [Phys-l] changing list settings

I found the problem, but it may be useful to relate it. These are NEW addresses and you may have to train your ISP's or campus Spam filters to let them through. I still think I am getting multiple mailings (which is probably what confused me--didn't check the 'to address' carefully, assumed I was getting posts through my home ISP (instead spam filter was full of Phys-L messages, including my requests for passwords.) With that account now changed to Digest, will see if I am getting multiple copies to my school address. Anyone else seemingly getting multiples?

Rick

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Tarara" <rtarara@saintmarys.edu>
To: "PHYS-L Maillist" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 7:55 AM
Subject: [Phys-l] changing list settings

Since the changeover has apparently lost the settings for digest mode, a
request was made yesterday for how to reset this--giving the address below.

However, to change one's setting requires a password which as far as I
remember we didn't have with the old list. Even if we did, a request for a
password hint declares that such has been sent, but then nothing shows up.
Does this mean that to change settings back to digest mode we will need to
UNSUBSCRIBE and the re-SUBSCIRBE? (I need to be subscribed twice to post
from office and home, but don't need two copies of every post.) :-(

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana
rtarara@saintmarys.edu
Free Physics Educational Software (Win & Mac)
NEW: Updated MOTION animations.
COMING: Spanish language versions.
Energy 2100--class project
www.saintmarys.edu/~rtarara/ENERGY_PROJECT/ENERGY2100.htm