[Phys-L] electric vs. electrical

Does anyone know if there is a "proper" distinction between when you use
"electric" and when you use "electrical"? In particular, I'm wondering
whether it is "electric energy" or "electrical energy" and whether it
makes any difference. I've noticed that we refer to the "electric
field", the "electric current" and "electric charge" so I'm guessing we
should say "electric energy". If so, is there any situation where we
should say "electrical" (other than "electrical engineering")? If not,
what influences why we use "electric" vs. "electrical"?

Complicating matters is that we say "gravitational field" and "magnetic
field". The analogies are not good with either one since "gravitation"
is a noun while "electric" is not, and there is no word "magnetical".

I'm not sure if this has been addressed on this list or not but I
couldn't find it in the archives.