[Phys-L] Re: We can trust Wikipedia

Good luck Leigh!

I presume this is over your neighbor's very noisy AC?

bc

Leigh Palmer wrote:

I am currently involved in a lawsuit against the City of Burnaby in
the Supreme Court of British Columbia. On Friday I introduced an
affidavit of an acoustics expert who cited Wikipedia as authority.
The article cited has the advantages of being correct and of being
readily accessible, should the judge wish to consult it (although it
is printed out for him anyway). In this case a basic acoustics text
would be useless; the gap between even a fine legal mind and a
technical text is just too great to bridge in the time allotted to
his deliberations.

I expect a judgment in mid January.

Leigh

On 16-Dec-05 Bernard Cleyet wrote:

I think it's because the trolls haven't attacked it *, and it's self
correcting. e.g. if one thinks it's in error, make the correction and
see what happens.

* yet, I hope this post isn't a mistake.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v438/n7070/full/438900a.html

bc, who thanks Sam, again