[Phys-L] Re: Tradition

You (all) know that J.C. was an early ecologist and traveled w/ the
Doc. on a voyage partly to escape Steinbeck's wrath for an affair w/ his
wife, Carol?

bc, member of the Steinbeck Center, Salinas.

fred bucheit wrote:

If you want to read some scholarly works about the origin of our traditions,
try some of Joseph Campbell's books listed below. Here is a dedicated
professional, now world renowned, who spent his life gathering *evidence*
that shows most of our traditions come out of myth.

"Joseph Campbell is perhaps the world's foremost scholar of mythology. Among
his many books are The Hero with a Thousand Faces, The Masks Of God, Myths
To Live By, and his current multi-volume Historical Atlas Of World
Mythology. Interviewer Tom Collins is a Los Angeles based writer and editor
whose works include Steven Spielberg, Creator of E.T. (Dillon Press, 1983)."
From http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC12/Campbell.htm

Fred Bucheit retired Physics teacher ~I think is the antidote to
I believe~