[Phys-L] Re: centripetal force question

Anthony Lapinski wrote:
I've been thinking about this more after reading some of the insightful
adds a slanted downward force component to the cycle. So for the cycle,
this y-component is downward (making N larger), and the x-component goes
opposite to the frictional force, making the net horizontal force smaller.
Right?

I'm having trouble parsing this. Please ask a more specific question.
Issues include:

-- What element of the scenario results in "adding" anything? Did we add
a rider to a hitherto-unoccupied motorcycle? Did we add a slant to a
hitherto-unslanted rider+cycle?

-- Statements about "the" frictional force are confusing, because the
magnitude and even the direction of the frictional force depend on
how much the road is banked, as previously discussed.

-- Are we analyzing things in the lab frame, or the rider's frame?

-- In what ways (if any) is this connected to the previous questions?