[Phys-L] Phil Sci papers

With permission here is a correspondence from my good friend Dr Afsar Abbas
of the Indian Institute of Physics. I have never met Dr Abbas in person but
my son who was involved with establishing international laboratory protocols
for Aids research met Dr Abbas in India primarily because of our long
correspondence. Dr Abbas definitely thinks out side the box but I always find his
ideas provocative and interesting even if I don't agree with everything. Below
is a list of papers list members may find interesting which were included in
this correspondence.

Bob Zannelli

====================

Dear Bob,

I am sorry to be replying so late. Actually I have just
completed four papers in philosophy of science as given below.
This is my new interest. I hope you may like these.
My problem is that when I am into some new idea, then I find it
very difficult to think of anything else. My wife does not
relish this trait in my nature!

Afsar Abbas
Mathematics as an Exact and Precise Language of Nature
http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0511042

Afsar Abbas
A "Layers of Reality to a Web of Induction" Hypothesis
http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0511043

Afsar Abbas
An "Instrumentalism to Realism" Hypothesis
http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0511044

Afsar Abbas
A "Rip Van Winkle Hypothesis" to Resolve the
Realism-Antirealism Debate
http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0511045

I read Dr Klauber's paper on zero point energy. Neat idea!
I am surprised why it has not been published.
So too for Dr. Jacobson's paper on thermodynamics of spacetime.
It is unfortunate, that in recent times, science has been
taken over by the "Boetians" (as Guass would have called them).

Regarding your query on vacuum energy problem in the SM,
I would say that the problem does not arise in my way of looking
at the SM. In fact, my personal prejudice is that the
problem of repulsion would be solved by carefully
looking at the LHS of the Einstein's equation. That is it
will be solved by classical and not by quantum means.
It is my gut feeling - but nothing concrete really.
I think our understanding of quantum mechanics is still
incomplete ( please see my above paper - physics/0511044 ).

Please let me know if you know of someone who may be
interested in my work on philosophy of science.

With best wishes.

Afsar