[Phys-L] Re: Aristotelian thinking among modern students

Wow I am mixed up and don't read.

bc, who wonders who is the SLO city Physicist I was thinking; and may
have met JM at one of the joint N & S AAPT mtngs.

John Mallinckrodt wrote:

I like to think I had something to do w/ it.

One of my Santa Barbara x's degreed at SLO city U. She'd say she was
going to SLO city to whatever. I've several times written SLO city and
Calpoly slo city, to differentiate from the one where the IP writes.

bc, who's met Slo John at AAPT mtngs there.

p.s. I think he's got a great ADV. Lab program there.

I hate to disabuse Bernard of his pleasant notions. I do love SLO
even though I understand there is a University there that has adopted
a name very similar to the one I at which I teach.

"Slo," however, is my nom d'artiste as Lead Guitarist for the
Out-Laws of Physics. My bandmates--Harvey "Styx" Leff, John
"Phingerz" Jewett, and Jolene "Throte" Houser--and I all teach in the
physics department at Cal Poly Pomona and moonlight at a number of
musical venues in the area. Although we generally exceed by a
significant amount the fairly low expectations generated by our
collective bios, we do know better than to quit our day jobs.

--
John "Slo" Mallinckrodt

Professor of Physics, Cal Poly Pomona
<http://www.csupomona.edu/~ajm>