[Phys-L] Re: Science "Magic" Demos

The broken glass really works. I have walked on it in bare feet and another
teacher walked on it in her stockings and didn't even get a run. We had a
bucketful of broken bottles (small pieces) and poured it onto a tarp. It is
stored in a cabinet to be used year after year. When you think about it
what is sand??? Then food processors add small glass beads to various foods
to make them flow better. It is labeled Silicon dioxide.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

Thanks for all the cool ideas so far. I don't think I'll try walking on
the broken glass, but most of the others look promising! I figure you
all would have some impressive favorite demos.

Now to gather materials and practice. :-)