[Phys-L] Re: infinite sig. figs.

A Geiger counter showed 144 counts in a single measurement lasting one
minute. On that basis I am reporting that the true local background is
144, plus or minus 12, per minute. Should I round this to 100 in order
to obey a silly rule that somebody established? I do not think so. The
144 is the best possible estimate and I would report it as such.

Ludwik Kowalski
Let the perfect not be the enemy of the good.