[Phys-L] Re: "moving clock runs slower" (yes)

Allow me to interject (of course, you have no choice); and perhaps speak
for John, or least how one reader is interpreting him.

I don't think John is denying the physical "reality" of the projection,
I think he fully appreciates the reality of it; while noting that a part
of that reality is that it is a geometrical "projection", which is a
geometric property ("real" none-the-less) and not an intrinsic property
of the object.

It seems to me that it is "clear", (clear as mud?) that we are dealing
with something that is not an intrinsic property of the object, since
different frames of reference ascribe different "slowing" rates to the
object; hence the "slowing" rate can not be intrinsic to the object.

Joel Rauber
Department of Physics - SDSU

Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu
605-688-4293