[Phys-L] Re: Piaget & Dewey: Down for the Count?

I consider that pretty contrived because even if it's a gegenbespiel, it's
not clear what it's a gegenbespiel of.

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Brian Whatcott wrote:

At 02:04 AM 9/12/2005, BC, you wrote:
Only a foolish S scientist, etc. would make a general statement. Was
Piaget a fool?

///

Jack Uretsky wrote:

Amended Deutsch:
Ein Gegenbespiel hat der Wert ein Tausend Bespielen.

Yes in SS, psyc, etc., etc., etc. A general statement need only be
slaughtered once. If there are exceptions, then the general statement is
False.
Regards,
Jack

Which reminds me, New Scientist - current issue quotes a refereed Journal
report to the effect that of three randomized groups required to meditate,
given a Spiritual, a non-Spiritual directive or a simple "relax" directive
the group with the Spiritual meditation motif was able to withstand a
moderate physical distress longer than both other groups after a
one week regimen.
(The distress was from submerging one hand in water held at
2 degC for a timed period.)

Given ahem...experimental evidence of the effectiveness of Christian style
prayer - this one counter-example evidently confounds all agnostics
and atheists.

Or does it?
:-)

Brian