[Phys-L] Re: Secularists lean politics. Was: Finally the secularists strike back

=20

P.s. perhaps MNM could invite a rep. from the local ACLU to speak.

No. We are dealing with basically irrational people. In response t=
o another incident on our campus last year, also a 1st Admendement is=
sue, I pointed out that the ACLU has appropriately defended both the =
KKK and the communists with regard to their right of freedom of speec=
h. I pointed out that without such defense there is no freedom of sp=
eech for anyone. The response from my more radical colleagues is tha=
t the ACLU was wrong to defend the KKK, and that I was a racist for e=
ven suggesting that the ACLU's position on this matter was appropriat=
e. Anyone ever see the old movie Marat-Sade? It's where the phrase =
the 'lunatics are running the asylum' seems to have come from.....
=20
=20
Mike
=20