[Phys-L] Re: ID ad nauseam

At 00:09 -0600 8/27/05, Jim Green wrote:

I confess that I know very little about ID and hence I don't have an
opinion re its strengths and weaknesses.. What this thread has convinced
me of is that the participants in this discussion know very little about it
as well. I hear nonsense arguments taken with no apparent understanding of
what is being said. Participants just don't seem to know what they are
talking about. Maybe I am just to old and senile to understand.

Maybe you should read something about ID and creationism and then
perhaps you could criticize this thread from a position of knowledge
rather than ignorance. I suggest that you look at Michael Behe's book
Darwin's Black Box, and then any one of Phillip Johnson's books, but
perhaps his first one, Darwin on Trial, and maybe a later one "The
Wedge of Truth: Splitting the Foundation of Naturalism." And then you
can get some of the other side of the story from the works of many
others, among them Kenneth Brown, Niles Eldridge, or Michael Ruse.
You can check their work on Amazon.

And then you can get a handle on the current controversy from the web
site of the National Center for Science Education at
<http://www.natcenscied.org>. These works may not change your opinion
of what has been said here, but at least you will then know what you
are talking about.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they
will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams