[Phys-L] Re: Ray Diagrams

In my lab on images formed by converging lenses (measuring image and
object distances and focal length etc...) I have them set up a real
image on a screen and then slowly cover the lens with an opaque card (
from the top, bottom, left right sides of the lens) and then explain
what they see. Those that understand why there is always a complete
image present have made the leap away from just the principle rays and
those who haven't taken this step are forced to confront it as they
write their explanation.

David Abineri

--
dabineri@fuse.net