[Phys-L] Re: The Einsteinian's nightmare

-----Original Message-----
=46rom:=09Forum for Physics Educators on behalf of Pentcho Valev
Sent:=09Tue 7/5/2005 3:26 AM
To:=09PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Cc:=09
Subject:=09The Einsteinian's nightmare

The nightmare is generated by the so called twin paradox and its vari=
ous
versions where one clock is at rest while the other travels but retur=
ns and
the comparison should show that the clock at rest has been FASTER. Th=
is
idiocy (Idiocy 2) was in fact the sensation in Einstein's 1905 paper.=
It
supplanted another idiocy (Idiocy 1) following directly from Lorentz
transforms and stating that either clock measures the other to be SLO=
WER.
The success of Einstein's theory of relativity (and the failure of
Poincare's) is due to the fact that Idiocy 1 is an obvious absurdity.=
..

Pentcho Valev

Valev's list of absurdities is conspicuously incomplete.
We pass by each other in our respective spaceships with engines off. =
I enjoy blissful rest, observing on my video Valev's spaceship whizzi=
ng by with astounding speed. Valev claims that it is him who is reste=
d, while I am flying by him. According to Galileo, each of us is righ=
t, and, even worse, each can confirm this by demonstrating his video.=
(Idiocy 1)
I have landed somewhere in (or sufficiently close to) Australia, a=
nd Valev somehere in the US. I calculate his position and spatial ori=
entation using the Global Positioning System, and found him walking u=
pside down. He does the same and finds me walking upside down. As som=
e advanced ancient Greeks had known long before Galileo, we are both =
right, and, even worse, each of us can prove this by presenting a ha=
rd evidence - the Global Positioning System's data, or, more simple, =
common knowledge of Astronomy and Geography. (Idiocy 2).
These two absurdities have nothing to do with Einstein and Special =
Relativity, but, according to Valev's (as well as many ancients' and =
even not so ancients')logics, they are total nonsense. What a collect=
ion of idiocies our Physics is! I suggest that Valev include all of t=
hem in his list, and then go preaching that all physics has at all ti=
mes been a fraud designed for extoring money from honest innocent ear=
thlings.
The only trouble is - how come that all this fraud produced spacesh=
ips?
And how come that accelerators, based on special Relativity, work as =
expected?
And the Global Positioning System produces so accurate data by using =
Relativity? And Valev was able to send his list of idiocities using c=
omputer networks?

Moses Fayngold,
NJIT =20