[Phys-L] Re: The Einsteinian's nightmare

-----Original Message-----
From: Forum for Physics Educators on behalf of Pentcho Valev
Sent: Tue 7/5/2005 3:26 AM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: The Einsteinian's nightmare

The nightmare is generated by the so called twin paradox and its various
versions where one clock is at rest while the other travels but returns and
the comparison should show that the clock at rest has been FASTER. This
idiocy (Idiocy 2) was in fact the sensation in Einstein's 1905 paper. It
supplanted another idiocy (Idiocy 1) following directly from Lorentz
transforms and stating that either clock measures the other to be SLOWER.
The success of Einstein's theory of relativity (and the failure of
Poincare's) is due to the fact that Idiocy 1 is an obvious absurdity...

Pentcho Valev

Valev's list of absurdities is conspicuously incomplete.
We pass by each other in our respective spaceships with engines off. I enjoy blissful rest, observing on my video Valev's spaceship whizzing by with astounding speed. Valev claims that it is him who is rested, while I am flying by him. According to Galileo, each of us is right, and, even worse, each can confirm this by demonstrating his video. (Idiocy 1)
I have landed somewhere in (or sufficiently close to) Australia, and Valev somehere in the US. I calculate his position and spatial orientation using the Global Positioning System, and found him walking upside down. He does the same and finds me walking upside down. As some advanced ancient Greeks had known long before Galileo, we are both right, and, even worse, each of us can prove this by presenting a hard evidence - the Global Positioning System's data, or, more simple, common knowledge of Astronomy and Geography. (Idiocy 2).
These two absurdities have nothing to do with Einstein and Special Relativity, but, according to Valev's (as well as many ancients' and even not so ancients')logics, they are total nonsense. What a collection of idiocies our Physics is! I suggest that Valev include all of them in his list, and then go preaching that all physics has at all times been a fraud designed for extoring money from honest innocent earthlings.
The only trouble is - how come that all this fraud produced spaceships?
And how come that accelerators, based on special Relativity, work as expected?
And the Global Positioning System produces so accurate data by using Relativity? And Valev was able to send his list of idiocities using computer networks?

Moses Fayngold,
NJIT