[Phys-L] Re: reaction time and error

For several years, in order to save my stop watches from abuse, I have
been loading a program on to my student's TI- calculators. The first step
is to teach the calculator the meaning of 30 s. I do not know of any other
instrument we try to calibrate. We do zero our analog ammeters and triple
beam balances.

The results of poor calibration are very interesting and lead to
discussion, some of it insightful.

Ken Fox