-----Original Message-----
From: Forum for Physics Educators
[mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On Behalf Of Fakhruddin, Hasan
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 3:59 PM

I believe the argument here is something like this (in my
words): Whenever the arrow covers half the distance to the
apple the other half is always left to be covered; this is an
unending process. Similarly, whenever Achilles has reached
any position of the tortoise the tortoise has moved ahead by
some distance.

If it was just a matter of adding an infinite series into a
finite number, these Paradoxes will not have the kind of
notoriety as they do; they would not have boggled the minds
of geniuses over centuries. I am sure the solution lies far
beyond just adding an infinite series. IMHO

Hasan Fakhruddin