[Phys-L] Re: Zeno's Paradoxes

I believe the argument here is something like this (in my words):
Whenever the arrow covers half the distance to the apple the other half
is always left to be covered; this is an unending process. Similarly,
whenever Achilles has reached any position of the tortoise the tortoise
has moved ahead by some distance.

If it was just a matter of adding an infinite series into a finite
number, these Paradoxes will not have the kind of notoriety as they do;
they would not have boggled the minds of geniuses over centuries. I am
sure the solution lies far beyond just adding an infinite series. IMHO

Hasan Fakhruddin
Instructor of Physics
The Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities
BSU
Muncie, IN 47306
E-mail: hfakhrud@bsu.edu