[Phys-L] Re: suggestions for 1-semester textbook

Check out Wall and Wall, Intro. Physics. (analog press) They will
send you a review copy.

It's one semester Algebra / Trig.

http://www.analogpress.com/

"... but it is about time to look around again."

Warum?

bc

Larry Smith wrote:

We're looking for a new text for our 1-semester algebra-based intro course.
We have a Conceptual Physics course that uses Hewitt's book, but this one
isn't it. We also have a college physics 2-semester sequence, but this one
isn't that either. We have a one-semester course (with lab) that is in
between those two--about the level of a stiff high school course. We've
been using Kirkpatrick and Wheeler's book and liked it, but it is about
time to look around again.
Any suggestions? (I like the PER-based approach that Knight takes for his
calc-based book, are there such PER-based books at the intro level?)

Thanks,
Larry