[Phys-L] Re: collision question (revisited) (again)

Just for fun, an example of a collision in which no momentum is transferred.

See "Bat'n Ball at

<http://www.csupomona.edu/~ajm/ip.html#batnball>

and take a look at the movie.

I suppose one could argue that it is really "two collisions," but
that will ultimately beg a question that has no clear answer. We can
construct all sorts of similar "brief interactions" which do not have
a "time out" in the middle like this one.