[Phys-L] Re: The bulb-with-one-wire task: too tricky?

what happened to #6s? One could obtain a v.~ 6 inch by one inch carbon
cylinder from them!

bc

RAUBER, JOEL wrote:

Rick and others,

You may need to change that "pot" in the analog computer to two buttons,
one with a "+" and one with a "-" on it. :-)

Here's one that surprised me in lab today, the lab manual refers to
hooking up a "flashlight cell" into the circuit. The students have a
wooden base device with two banana plug jacks with wires running to the
two sides of a plainly visible battery. A D-size battery. Which looks
like, well a "flashlight cell".

Perhaps, I shouldn't be surprised, but apparently not that many devices
use D-size cells anymore and the word "cell" is dropping from the
vernacular. And as I think about, more and more, flashlights are using
AA and AAA size batteries. Getting old has its problems wrt the
teaching profession.

Joel