[Phys-L] Attacks on Education (was Random Thought: Leave Them Asking)

Please immediately hit DELETE if you:

(a) object to cross-posting as a way to tunnel through inter- and
intra-disciplinary barriers, or

(b) have zero or less interest in "Attacks on Education,"

(c) have any other reason for trashing this post.

And if you respond to this long (13 kB) post, please don't hit the
reply button unless you prune the original message normally contained
in your reply down to a few lines, otherwise you may inflict this
entire post yet again on suffering list subscribers.

In his POD post of 21 February 2005, titled "Re: Random Thought:
Leave Them Asking," Mike Theall (2005) wrote [bracketed by lines
"TTTTTT. . ."; my insertion of a,b,c] :

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
a. For the majority, education does a pretty good job. . . .

b. . . . while all the critics scream for "reform" in education, we
don't hear much screaming about reforming anything else. Our business
& political critics need to do a lot of housecleaning before casting
any stones. Law, medicine, and other professions aren't perfect
either and rather than accepting any responsibility for their
mistakes, they simply point to education as a handy scapegoat.
Frankly, I'm tired of the hypocrisy. . . . .

c. . . . We all know and admire scores of teachers who are dedicated,
thoughtful, capable, and hard-working. Let's remember these people
in our
statements and let's fight for the recognition and credit they and
education deserve.. . . .
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT