[Phys-L] [Fwd: [ncnaapt] Virtual Science, Math & Technology Competition]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ncnaapt] Virtual Science, Math & Technology Competition
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:48:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Clarence Bakken <cbakken2001@yahoo.com>
To: ncnaapt@yahoogroups.com

Good Morning,

I'm passing this along to anyone that may be interested. Look it over
and follow up or simply delete. Your choice.

Clarence Bakken
webmaster, ncnaapt.org

From: Judge Coordinator <judgecoordinator@ecybermission.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:08:01 -0500
To: Judge Coordinator <judgecoordinator@ecybermission.com>
Subject: Virtual Science, Math & Technology Competition Seeks AAPT
Members

Hello,

My name is Brandy Payne, and I am the Virtual Judge Coordinator for the
2004 ­ 2005 eCYBERMISSION competition. eCYBERMISSION is a web-based
science, math and technology competition for 6th through 9th grade
students. The program is sponsored by the U.S. Army and is available
to students nationwide as well as in Department of Defense Education
Activity schools worldwide.

We are embarking on a recruitment effort to identify persons that would
be interested in serving as Virtual Judges for this year¹s competition.
All volunteers must have an interest or background in science, math ,
technology or education, know how to use a computer and have access to
the Internet. Other suggested Virtual Judge qualifications are
referred to in the attached fact sheet.

On-line eCYBERMISSION team project submissions are due February 21st ,
and virtual judging will begin February 24th. The judging period
continues through March 16th to allow ample time for volunteer judges
to conduct their on-line reviews and scoring of their assigned
eCYBERMISSION team submissions.

Last year, our Virtual Judges scored 833 projects. We are expecting
nearly twice that number this year. We hope members of the American
Association of Physics Teachers might be interested in this program and
would be willing to post this recruitment request for eCYBERMISSION
Virtual Judge Volunteers on an electronic bulletin board, in an
association newsletter, or via another preferable communication
vehicle.

I have attached the judge's fact sheet for your review. If any of your
members are interested in becoming a Virtual Judge, please have them
visit our web site at www.ecybermission.com
<http://www.ecybermission.com/>, and go to the ³Volunteer Information &
Registration² button in the bottom left corner. Registration can be
completed in three easy steps. After clicking on the ³Volunteer
Information & Registration² button, volunteers should:

1. Choose ³Judge Registration²

2. Enter the pass code, 05VJREG, on the next screen

3. And then complete the Judge Questionnaire on the following
screen.

Please feel free to contact me for additional information at
judgecoordinator@ecybermission.com, or refer this important volunteer
opportunity to others. Don¹t forget to check out the public side of
the eCYBERMISSION web site at www.ecybermission.com
<http://www.ecybermission.com/> .

For questions or comments, please contact Mission Control by phone at
1-866-GO-CYBER or 1-866-462-9237, or by e-mail at
missioncontrol@ecybermission.com.

Sincerely,
Brandy Payne
eCYBERMISSION Virtual Judge Coordinator

All your favorites on one personal page - Try My Yahoo!
http://my.yahoo.com

Take a look at donorschoose.org, an excellent charitable web site for
anyone who cares about public education!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/1gzaND/8WnJAA/HwKMAA/igXolB/TM