[Phys-L] FYI: Unit conversion in Excel

I'm sure many of you knew this, but in all my years of using Excel, I had never realized that there was a built-in function to convert units. It is amazing what you can get Excel to do if you just know the right tricks!

From the Excel Help:

CONVERT(1.0, "lbm", "kg") equals 0.453592
CONVERT(68, "F", "C") equals 20
CONVERT(2.5, "ft", "sec") equals #N/A

Tim Folkerts

Instructor of Physics
Barton County Community College
Great Bend, KS
620-792-9320
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke