[Phys-L] Re: Vacuum Cannon Question

Oh, come on bc, it's not that easy. You're just really good at being
PIC. Plus, you were given fair warning.

Sam

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

I must warn Matt to be careful in his posting on that list. It's rather
easy there to be PIC.

bc, proud to be in the group that includes Ward Churchill

sampere wrote:

Hi Matt,

The better listserv for this kind of question is tap-l. Go to
www.pira.nu and continue on to the main site. From the main site, you
can find a link to tap-l. First, read all about PIRA, who we are, what
we do, and why we do it, then subscribe to tap-l.

But to answer your question, probably 95% of anything you ever want to
find can be located in a McMaster-Carr catalog. Their website is great -
www.mcmaster.com

Go there and do a search for packing tape. Scroll down, and you'll see
Scotch #375 Carton Sealing Tape. That's the stuff you want, and they
have it in a 3" roll. Currently, it's $6.44/roll. I'm close to their
warehouse, so if I order before 5, I have it in my office the next day.
Always. Well, except for welding rod, but that's another story.

Have fun,

Sam

Matt Harding wrote:

Does anyone know of a good source for 3" celophane box sealing tape? In
several recent TPT articles it seems to be the tape of choice for the
ping-pong cannon. I've been using 2" tape which requires the use of
some fittings on a 1 1/2" PVC pipe. None of my local office supply
stores carry it, and when I search for Scotch 375 box sealing tape, I
find plenty of places to purchase it in bulk ($100 per carton), but
haven't found a vendor that sells individual rolls. Surely someone on
here must use it and know of a source?

Thanks,
Matt